26-mile Turn by Turn Directions
From Malibu Creek State Park Miles 0-7
Follow the paved road through the campground to Spur trail. This will connect to a paved road (Dorothy Dr.) and turn right on Dorothy Dr(in tapia Park). Follow Dorothy Dr. to a parking lot, and look for a trailhead to the right of the parking lot. Take that trail. The trail will cross a creek and head up on the other side. When you get to a small, cinder block outhouse, turn right on the trail heading up (the trail will be just before and next to the outhouse). Continue heading up. When the trail intersects with the Corral Cyn/Mesa Peak Motorway stay to the left and continue heading up. At the next intersection with another fire road, stay to the right. At the next intersection with a single track trail, take the trail to the right (this is the Backbone Trail). Follow the BBT to the Corral Canyon parking lot.
the intersection with the BBT, turn left onto the BBT heading west.
Continue on the BBT as it crosses Latigo Cyn. Rd. to the parking lot on Kanan Rd.
Return back to the start/finish line the exact same way you got here.
Bib pick up at the start line from 5:30am-6:45am
Course Profile & Aid Stations
- Corral Canyon #1 – Mile 6.5
- Latigo Road #1 Crossing – Mile 11
- Kanan Trailhead – Mile 13 & DROP BAGS
- Zuma Fire Road- 50k Turn around- Mile 15.5 water only (please only fill up if you need water)
- Kanan Trailhead- Mile 18 – DROP BAGS (2x)
- Latigo Road Crossing- Mile 20
- Corral Canyon- Mile 24.5 (last aid station before finish)